Through leadership and experience, Steve has changed local law enforcement in a way that will benefit the citizens of Caddo Parish for years to come. Innovative. Progressive. But most of all, in touch with what matters most to Caddo Parish. Keeping our children and elderly safe. Being careful with your money. Reducing crime and protecting your property. With the help of some of the hardest working people in law enforcement, Steve has done all of this and more.
- Crime down 41 percent since 2001.
- Created the Caddo-Shreveport Financial Crimes Task Force and Caddo-Shreveport Narcotics Task Force in conjunction with Shreveport Police to improve case efficiency and inter-departmental communications.
- Established a Marine Unit to provide full-time patrols on Red River.
- Established a Traffic Safety Unit to fully investigate fatality crashes and serious injury accidents.
- Hosted Louisiana’s first school violence training drill and continues to host active shooter drills.
- Established the Caddo Criminal Justice Task Force consisting of the Caddo Sheriff’s Office, Shreveport Police, Caddo judges, the District Attorney, the Public Defender, Caddo Commission, Probation and Parole, and the Clerk of Court. Efforts by this group led directly to a 25 percent reduction in the jail population at CCC, averting the need for a new jail and saving taxpayers millions in construction, inmate food, per diem costs, and medical costs.